adjectives can change their form to show degrees of
positive degree comparative degree superlative degree
sweet i sweater
1. write the comparativa degree of each adjective in parentheses.
a. mike is
thon poul. (strong
b. today is __ _ than yesterday. (hot)
this apple is
than the one you have. (redi
d. this table is
than that one. (heavy)
e. i think i am
than you. (lucky)
f. this pie is
than that one. (delicious
f. more delicious
2. The rivers in America are bigger than in England.
3. The English Channel is wider than the Straits of Gibraltar.
4. Russia is a large country.
5. Please be more careful next time and don’t spill the milk again.
6. A bus is faster than a tram.
7. Your handwriting is now better than it was last year. And of course Nelie has the best handwriting of all.
1. Milk is sold in this shop.
2. This book was given yesterday.
3. Mushrooms are gathered in autumn.
4. Many houses are built in our town every year.
5. This text was translated at the last lesson.