Bfill in the missing word. there are three answers you do not need to use.
freelancer, permission, shift, living, bring up, conclusion, invented, deadline, swapped, sound, bring out, overtime
5. the police came to the that it wasn’t the accountant who had stolen the money.
6. i addresses with the two girls i met on holiday.
7. does your dad often work
8. susan asked for to leave early.
9. charles babbage the computer.
10. it is amazing how ann has been able to four children and work at the same time. i really admire her.
11. he works as a from home.
12. alex has a tough to meet, so he’s been working during the weekend.
13. what does your mum do for a
, , shift, , , , , , , sound, bring out,
5. The police came to the conclusion that it wasn’t the accountant who had stolen the money.
6. I swapped addresses with the two girls I met on holiday.
7. Does your dad often work ___ overtime
8. Susan asked for __ permission to leave early.
9. Charles Babbage invented the computer.
10. It is amazing how Ann has been able to _ bring up four children and work at the same time. I really admire
11. He works as a freelancer from home.
12. Alex has a tough ___ deadline to meet, so he’s been working during the weekend.
13. What does your mum do for a ___ living ?
D Put the verbs in brackets into the Past simple, Past Perfect or the Past Perfect
19. Kate __went (go) out with her friends after she had finished her homework.
20. Dr Stephens ___had performed (perform) a lot of experiments before he made an important discovery.
21. How long _had you been waiting (you/wait) before the bus arrived?
22. When did James graduate (James/ graduate) from the university?
23. Sam ___didn’t win__ (not/ win) the Young Inventor of the Year Award last year, but he’s sure he will this year
всі визначні міста)