1. got, had already started
3. saw, was crossing
4. had been painting , came
5. waas lying, was weeding
6. bought, had been looking
8. was dusting, broke
9. had never been
10. were studying, went off
11. didn't ring, was late
12. had been working , went
1 He hadn’t eaten since nine that morning and his stomach was growling with hunger.
2 He picked up the book he had been reading before I came into the room, and turned the cover of the page to mark the place where he had stopped reading.
3 The Romans destroyed Jerusalem with fire and killed many of the inhabitants.
4 No sooner had they arrived at this point than a most violent and startling knocking was heard at the door.
1. Look! Sam is bringing some cheese ten o clock(что-то не так написано- пропущено!)
2. We had not seen each other before we came to the place.
3. The meeting had brought before he came to the place.
4. How long have you had this pain in your shoulder? -For about three months.
5. Jack and Jenny were watching television when their mother came
6. When my husband has had coffee, he goes to his office.
7. When I came and entered the kitchenn, I saw that my parents were drinking coffee.
1. They are happy because their child has entered the university.
2. It was great to see her last week
3/ Sorry I have not phoned you earlier.
4/ He was very sorry to hear that you had not came in time.
5. Whenever I drove past that restaurant, there always were a lot of people.
6. Have You ever been to an open-air concert ?
7. My parents were angry because I had not passed my exam.
8. His brother told him that he ate all the fruit which he bought
9. At this time two weeks ago we were lying on the beach.
10. Beth (to becime) pale when she heard the news
11. I was not impressed with his new car when I saw it yesterday.
12. The Aztecs was an American Indian tribe who lived in Mexico.
13. Yesterday when I looked out of my window, I saw that my children were runing in the garden.
14. I was sure he always was your best friend
15. Janet has/had never taken part in the concerts
16. When she came home, her son was having supper.
17. I had read all the articles before mother came