Complete each second sentence so that the meaning is similar to the first sentence.
write your answers in each gap.
my father said i could use his car.
my father allowed me to use his car.
1. i was surprised that it rained.
i didn’t expect
2. at first i didn’t want to take part in that race, but sam persuaded me.
3. he was told that he shouldn't bring his problems to work.
he was warned
2. My lawyer advised me not to say anything to the police.
3. I was warned that I should not believe everything he says.
complete each second sentence using the word given so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. write between two and five words in each gap.
1 )what's the price of the tickets, jimmy? how much are the tickets, jimmy?
2 )are these your trainers? do these trainers belong to you?
3) sasha's not keen on team sports at all. sasha doesn't like team sports at all.
4) it's only her second time in a recording studio. she has only been to a recording studio twice.
5) we got here three hours ago. we have been here before.
6 )i started writing this hours ago and it's still not right. i have been writing this for hours and it's still not right.
7 )this is my first experience of flying alone, it is the first time that i have flown alone.
8 )sharon's in the bath at the moment. sharon is having a bath at the moment.
9 )paul enjoys surprises apart from on his birthday. paul does surprises just not on his birthday!