task 3. put the verbs in brackets into the past simple, past continuous, past perfect or past perfect continuous.
1. ) a book when i went to his office, so i interrupted him.
2. we didn't talk to bill at school, because when we got there /go) home.
3. /win) the young inventor of the year award last year, but she's sure she will this year.
4. ) to fix his computer for two hours before he decided to call a professional.
5. ) on the phone when i went to his office, so i didn't want to interrupt him.
6. we didn't see jane at the party, because when we got there /go) home.
7. (not/win) the young inventor of the year award last year, but he's sure he will this year.
5 was talking
6 had already gone
4 had been trying
1) was reading
2)has already gone
5) was talking
6) has already gone
2.They played tennis yesterday.
3. He had been living in London for two years bedore he moved to Paris.
4. He was happy because he won the lottery.
5. Harry made up his mind and then let us know his decision.
6. When I saw Jane, she was buying a gift.
7.Tanya was cutting her finger while she cooked dinner last night.